UpdatedWednesday October 14, 2015 byArkansas Dixie Youth Baseball.
ARKANSAS DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL
As amended March 30, 1985
Article I - Name
This organization shall be known as ARKANSAS DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL.
Article II – Purpose
The officers and Directors shall constitute the BOARD IF DIRECTORS and act as an administrative body for all franchised Dixie Youth Baseball Leagues in Arkansas.
Article III-Geographical Districts
The territory embracing the Leagues shall be divided into two or more geographical districts (a maximum of seven) as determines by the Board of Directors and approved by the Leagues.
Article IV- Officers and Directors
- The officers and Directors of this organization shall be as follows: The State Director, The Assistant State Director, The District Directors, The National Directors of Arkansas, and the Secretary/Treasurer.
- The Secretary/Treasurer will be selected by the State Director subject to the majority approval of the Board.
- Each elected member of the Board of Directors will be entitled to one vote on all matters before the Board of Directors.
Article V- Method of Election
- The State Director and National Directors shall be elected by the Franchised Leagues within the State of Arkansas by mail ballot. The nomination for these positions by currently franchised leagues shall be mailed to the President Of Dixie Youth Baseball,Inc. on or before May 15 of the year in which:
- The director’s terms expires, or
- A special election is held to fill an unexpired term
A ballot for contested director elections will be mailed to each league prior to June 1. The deadline to return ballots is June 30.
Each league shall be entitled to cast one by secret ballot. To be elected, a majority of the votes cast will be necessary. In the event no one candidate receives a majority of those votes cast, a run-off will be held between the top two candidates. The term of these directors will be four years.
- The District Directors shall be elected by the Franchised Leagues of their respective Districts by mail ballot before November 15 of odd numbered years. Each League shall be entitled to cast one vote. The term of office of the District Director will be two years.
- Vacancies in the Board may be filled for the unexpired terms by the remaining Directors, until such time as election is held for the purpose of electing a replacement.
Article VI- Meeting
- An annual meeting of Arkansas Dixie Youth Baseball shall be held. The time, date, and location to be determined by the State Director.
- Special meeting of the Board of Directors may be called by the State Director or by a majority of the members of the Board. By unanimous consent, such meetings may be held without notice.
- A quorum for the transaction of business at any regular or special meeting of the Board shall consist of at least half of the members of the Board: and a majority of those present shall have the power to adjourn the meeting to a future date.
Article VII- The Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors shall act in an advisory capacity to the State Director; shall entertain and cause to be thoroughly investigated written complaints against Dixie Youth Baseball within the State of Arkansas and shall take what action it may deem advisable.
- The Board of Directors shall have full power to adopt all regulations to govern the Board’s deliberations so long as they comply with the rules, policies, intent and regulations of Dixie Youth Baseball, Inc.
- The Directors may establish as many committees as they deem necessary and may appoint members of the Board to serve thereon.
- Members of the State Board of Directors will not be allowed to represent a local league at any State, District, Sub District or any other territory meeting.
Article VIII- General
The qualifications for membership, duties of Officers and Directors, and regulations as may be necessary and proper for the conduct of the business and affairs of the Board shall be provided for in the By-Laws.
Article IX- Amendments to the Constitution
The Constitution may be amended at any meeting by an affirmative vote of two-thirds of the votes cast by the Leagues present, provided the copies of the amendment shall have been mailed to each League at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the meeting at which the vote is to be taken.